Sunday, April 13, 2014

A New Beginning

I should be calling this blog Shamanigans version 3.0

I have tried to make this blog work numerous times in the past to only just let it lay dormant, collecting dust like some forgotten tome.

I think I know why I've let it fall into dilapidation too. I have never created a schedule to adhere too. Structure has always been lacking. Sure it's my blog, and I can write as little or as much as I like, but I feel that if people are being directed here frequently from social media sites, that there is an obligation to be somewhat frequent with my posts.

Of course this drives the ambitious part of me. The Idea Maker. This is the part of me that has grandiose ideas and entertains amazing things in my head. "Let's make a post every day!" she says. "Talk about all things Warcraft! Share you opinion!" she yells. And while this sounds like a great idea there is a little quiet nagging voice I like to call my Personal Logic, whispering underneath. And while PL whisper, she tends to be heard over the yelling of IM. PL will quietly tell me that while Idea Maker has a good idea, she doesn't always think it through. "Sure you can make a post every day, but you know how you'll be. You'll say you'll do it but you wont or worse yet, you'll do it half-assed." And Personal Logic is right! I say I'll do these things but I don't, or I'll start it and not finish. There's never any follow through. This stops today!

While I don't intend to do a post daily, I do have a list of topics and a reasonable goal of posting at least once a week. This will hopefully get me into the flow of writing and show more dedication on my part.  I have also chosen to make this blog more about what I like in general. While a good chunk of that will be World of Warcraft related, I do have many other interests and would like to share my thoughts with the world on a variety of topics. WoW is just one aspect of my life. It works for me in Twitter, why not on my blog as well?

Having said that, here's what you can expect to find on my blog. (This list is in no way definitive!)

  • Gaming. This includes everything from console to computer, table top and misc (in case I forget anything!)
  • Hot topics. This might include news stories that impact me or articles I've read that interest me and I have some opinion on.
  • Zoey. This is my little monster dog. I mean monster in the best way possible!
  • Daily life in general. Sometimes you just can't fit everything into aTweet and nobody wants to hear it all in a Facebook post.
  • Other. For those topics I didn't include above.
So here is to a new beginning!







No comments:

Post a Comment